Never mind the shipping delays and lower stock options this holiday season…you have the option to greatly reduce or eliminate your debt entirely! Isn’t that a much better gift this holiday season?
Here’s What You Need to Know About Bankruptcy
Bankruptcy can provide a plan to repay your creditors or completely eliminate some or all of your debts. We recommend that you speak with a qualified bankruptcy attorney first. Take advantage of someone with the legal knowledge and experience to ensure the best outcome for your case! Meeting with a bankruptcy attorney will provide you with legal advice as to what options will work best for you. Once retained, your attorney will deal with the bankruptcy paperwork from start to finish.
So, What Should I Expect?
- First, you will meet with qualified bankruptcy attorneys to determine the right fit. Click here for more information about what to expect in a bankruptcy consultation.
- Next, you will sign a retainer agreement that goes over the services that are provided by your attorney.
- You will receive advice throughout your case. Your attorney and the firm’s staff will help to answer your questions. They will also remind you of important court dates and deadlines.
- There are lengthy forms to complete based on the detailed financial information you provide. This will include documentation that explains your income and expenses, assets, and debt information. Before anything is filed, you will need to review these documents to ensure that everything is correct before filing.
- If any additional documents are required by your trustee or the court, your attorney will reach out to you to let you know. You will also be informed of the deadline for submitting this documentation to be sure that there are no delays in your case or other negative consequences.
- Your attorney will represent you at any court hearings such as the 341(a) Meeting of Creditors or other necessary hearings. You will also be able to go over the results of these hearing(s) with your attorney.
Mistakes can result in major problems, including losing nonexempt assets, denial of discharge of debt, or, even worse, lead to criminal charges for fraud. But, your attorney will be by your side to make sure that you are able to receive the best possible outcome for your case.
Need More Information?
Bankruptcy is a stepping-stone to a better life. You have an opportunity to break the cycle! Our office can help you discharge your debts and free up money to go towards you and your family’s needs.
At the Law Office of Daniela Romero, we believe in relationships that are based on trust. Before we work together, we would like to get to know you and we would like you to get to know us. We want you to be sure you are the right fit for us and that we are the perfect fit for you. This will allow you to be completely comfortable sharing intimate and difficult details of your case, so we can offer you representation to the fullest extent of the law. Call us today to set up a free consultation.