If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you want to be sure that you take the right steps before filing. You may be wondering if you should avoid anything.Here are some simple things you can avoid:
Simple Things You Avoid:
- Putting your name on someone else’s account to pay their bills.
- Avoid borrowing on your credit cards to repay or pay off other cards.
- Paying a debt that a family member has co-signed.
- Using a Home Equity Loan to pay off your credit cards.
- Borrowing from your retirement to pay bills, especially medical bills or credit cards.
- Paying back family or friends money you borrowed to stay afloat.
- Transferring your vehicle to a friend or family member so you do not lose it in bankruptcy.
- Making any large transaction before seeking legal advice.
Speak with an attorney before making any changes to your financial situation. Remember, most consultations are free. Take time to shop around, it could end up saving you thousands of dollars down the road.