The Equifax data breach should be taken very seriously. Here are some things you can do to protect yourself.
1. First, find out if you were affected. Click here: http://bit.ly/2xtN2U6. You must provide your name and the last six digits of your social security number. However, DO NOT ENROLL, just check if you were affected.
2. Second, if you have been affected, I do not recommend “enrolling” in the Equifax protection because you may be waiving your right to sue.
3. Third, read about the difference between a CREDIT LOCK vs. a CREDIT FREEZE at this website: http://bit.ly/2xsfhCB and decide which you would prefer to do.
4. Fourth, you must lock or freeze with all 3 credit reporting agencies. Both TransUnion and Experian charge $10.00 to freeze. So, save your receipts as they will be your proof of damages for any future class action lawsuit.
5. Fifth, your TransUnion Credit Report information is here: https://freeze.transunion.com Phone: 888-909-8872
6. Sixth, your Experian Credit Report information is here: https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html
7. Seventh, Equifax information is here: https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Fre…/…/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp
8. Finally, sign up for identity protection. You can read reviews here.